Traditional 6 Hour Partial Hospital (PHP) Programs:
Patients will be responsible for practicing eating dinners and breakfast at home. This is an excellent option for patients with significant outside support, high confidence in their ability to challenge fears or those stepping down from a higher level of care.
Our Partial Hospitalization Programs are offered up to seven days per week, Monday through Sunday, at our St. Louis and Kansas City locations. Depending on the patient's medical stability and treatment needs, he or she will be placed in either the Extended PHP (10 hours a day, 9:30am-7:30pm) or the Traditional PHP (6 hours a day, 9:30am-3:30pm) level of programming.
Men and Women participating in our Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) will have individual sessions, groups and supported meals at our Adult Therapy Suites. The Adult Therapy Suites boast several group and community areas, along with an art therapy room, a room designed for movement and yoga, a dining room and an onsite full service kitchen.
Female and Male adolescents, ages 12 to 17, participating on our Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) will attend individual sessions, groups and supported meals at our Adolescent Therapy Suites. The Adolescent Therapy Suites include several group and community areas, an art therapy area, tutoring room, an intimate dining area and an onsite full service kitchen. Our tutoring program includes on-site certified teachers working one on one with our adolescent patients.
Traditional 6-hour (PHP)
The Traditional Partial Hospital Program provides support for 6 hours per day and up to seven days per week. Unlike other partial hospital programs, we can offer structure at this level up to 42 hours per week. This level of care includes:
- Monitored weight and vital signs. Vitals are obtained at least once per day or more per physician’s orders.
- Supported AM snack
- Support lunch and post meal therapy
- Supported PM snack
- Highly individualized weekly treatment planning
- Two individual counseling and/or family sessions per week
- One individual dietitian session per week
- Close medical monitoring by registered nurses
- Groups and fitness activities with various eating disorders specialists (see group schedule below for more)
- Family Therapy and Education for loved ones
- Weekly Family Support Group facilitated by Dr. Kim McCallum, MD
- Monthly Family Day with Dr. Kim McCallum, MD and other treatment team experts
- Updates and reviews to your insurance company regarding progress one to four times per week, per your insurance company’s request, submitting claims, and helping pursue reimbursement.
- Weekly to Bi-Weekly Psychiatrist appointments and treatment of any co-occurring issues (separate fee; submitted to your insurance)
- Weekly physician (St. Louis location only) appointments and close medical monitoring (separate fee; submitted to your insurance)
- Blood draws on site (St. Louis location only; for a small fee or may be reimbursable by insurance)
- Tube feeding is available and may be placed on site by our medical team for patients in need of extra calories and support. (separate fee; submitted to your insurance)
"I am glad that I came here. PHP was exactly what I needed at this point in my life and I think I was treated well here." – RM, age 20