Partial Hospital Programming Options:
Extended 10-Hour (PHP) Eating Disorder Treatment For Adults and Adolescents
Our 10-Hour PHP is our signature level of care offering complete individual treatment, 2 meals, 2 snacks and a high level of nursing and therapy support. This is recommended for most patients with severe symptoms or who require significant support to change eating behavior or gain weight.
Both of our Partial Hospitalization Programs are offered up to seven days per week, Monday through Sunday at our therapy suites in St. Louis and Kansas City. Depending on the patient's medical stability and treatment needs, he or she will be placed in either the Extended PHP (10 hours a day, 9:30am-7:30pm) or the Traditional PHP (6 hours a day, 9:30am-3:30pm) level of programming.
Men and Women participating in our Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) will have individual sessions, groups and supported meals at our Adult Therapy Suites. The Adult Therapy Suites boast several group and community areas, along with an art therapy room, a room designed for movement and yoga, a dining room and an onsite full service kitchen.
Female and Male adolescents, ages 12 to 17, participating on our Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) will attend individual sessions, groups and supported meals at our Adolescent Therapy Suites. The Adolescent Therapy Suites include several group and community areas, an art therapy area, tutoring room, an intimate dining area and an onsite full service kitchen. Our tutoring program includes on-site certified teachers working one on one with our adolescent patients.
Extended Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Patients typically begin our Partial Hospital Program 10 hours per day, seven days per week. Unlike other partial hospital programs, we can offer structure for up to 70 hours per week.
This level of care includes:
- Monitored weight and vital signs. Vitals are obtained at least once per day or more per physician’s orders.
- Supported AM snack
- Support lunch and post meal therapy
- Supported PM snack
- Support dinner and post meal therapy
- Highly individualized weekly treatment planning
- Three individual counseling and/or family sessions per week
- Two individual dietitian sessions per week
- All groups and fitness activities with various eating disorder experts (see group schedule below)
- Weekend outing(s)
- Family Therapy and Education for all loved ones at no charge
- Weekly Family Support Group facilitated by Dr. Kim McCallum (Mondays at 4:30pm)
- Monthly Family Day with Dr. Kim McCallum, MD and other treatment team experts
- Updates and reviews to your insurance company regarding progress per your insurance company’s request, submitting claims, and helping pursue reimbursement.
- Weekly to Bi-Weekly Psychiatrist appointments and treatment of any co-occurring issues (separate fee; submitted to your insurance)
- Weekly physician (St. Louis location only) appointments and close medical monitoring (separate fee; submitted to your insurance)
- Blood draws on site (St. Louis location only; for a small fee or may be reimbursable by insurance)
- Tube feeding is available and may be placed on site by our medical team for patients in need of extra calories and support. (separate fee; submitted to your insurance)